Thursday 22 November 2012

Sugar Free Baking

I spent the whole of yesterday in the kitchen, baking. It's such a grounding, fulfilling activity, I love it. I had my eighties greatest hits playing all day and sang along (good job I was on my own! ) whilst whisking, melting, stirring, blending..... And successfully created eight sugarfree desserts and sweets.
And today I delivered them to Diet Express. They're running an event at a gym for members, and as my 'treats' are all low GL, contain no refined carbohydrates, no refined sugar and only natural , wholesome ingredients they're perfect for people on diets, with blood sugar issues, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and anyone else who cares about their health enough to eat well.
Regular sweets and treats primarily use refined sugar, agave syrup, maple syrup, golden syrup, high fructose corn syrup, maltose , dextrose and sugar in other guises too! Difficult to keep tabs on all the different names, which basically equal refined, empty calorie, no nutritional value sugar. All processed foods contain it; that's why I bake so much, from scratch. I have a sweet tooth, and it needs satisfying but for health reasons I cannot put sugar in to my body.
The exciting thing for me is that with research, practice, trial and error it's possible to create the most amazingly tasty food to satisfy me . Ok, it took abit of getting used to, I cant pretend it didnt , we get so used to the really sweet taste of processed foods, but when you use a whole host of natural flavours such as cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla, raw honey, food tastes so much more full of flavour. And no harm is being done to your body, no inflammatory build up that over time can create dis-ease. One less thing to worry about!! Lol!
Have a great day!
Rx

No comments: